Saturday, August 11, 2012

Addicted? Could I be?

So I wanted to have at least a couple more newborn sized "nappies" for my little sweetie, so I had a bit more left on a Babies R Us card...I know, patronizing the corporate monster, but hey. It's a gift card. So anyway, I decided I'd give the G Diapers a try, even though I've heard bad things about them. I've heard they leak quite a bit, but I'm willing to try them and besides, in the beginning the baby won't have full-on peeing moments like later and I have great diapers for later.

I also got a pack of the disposable inserts. These can be flushed in the toilet or used in the garden as compost (when wet ONLY, of course). So I figured my hubby might like that rather than fooling with cloth...although he is supportive of the entire idea. Yay.

So anyway, I love buying new dipes! I swear, I might be addicted to it...I've heard of this, but I swore it would never happen to me. I'd be careful in my diaper buying. I'd not overdo it. I could control myself! I had will power dammit and I was not going to go over the edge!! Really!

Then I searched cloth diapers and oh my goodness, there are some super cute ones out there. Plus, there is a super cute store within walking distance of my house. It's like having a dealer right outside any time I want to get something! Except on Monday. they are closed on Monday.

I also discovered Bumble Bees on Facebook....

http://www.facebook.com/BumbleBeesClothNappies

A friend of mine is having a diaper made for me and I'm her first US customer! :) I can't wait to see it! She makes some BEAUTIFUL and adorable nappies! :)

Anyway, I just can't get enough of the cuteness of cloth. How could anyone ever consider them boring? I mean, shopping for them is like shopping for a cute outfit every time! lol


So my new adventure of late is: 

I want to make a wetbag for the nursery. I could go to the cute boutique just down the street, but I really want to make one of my own, using fabric of my choice. I did fine a good tutorial online after speaking with other women who have made them themselves.

http://thediymommy.com/sew-a-wet-bag/

This is for a small bag, but I can modify it for a larger one. We'll see if I have time to get to it. If not, I can always visit Lollibeans Boutique to pick one up. No biggie.

The reason I may not have time is because I'm decoupaging a table this week...Decoupage is great for anyone who, as a child, enjoyed covering her hand in glue just so it could dry and be pulled off...yeah, I was that weirdo. ;-) I remember spending time with my cousin one summer evening sitting on the porch, trying to pull a big swath of glue from my 6 year old hand.

Some things never get old.



No comments:

Post a Comment