Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back to sposies, but...

Only temporarily, thank goodness.

I decided to go back to Pampers Swaddlers Sensitives because Kathryn's umbilical cord was being rubbed by the cloth covers and looked goopy and smelled a little funny. So, we bought out first and only pack of disposable dipes.

The funny thing is, they weren't even necessary, because her umbilical cord fell off the very next day (@ 5 days old), doesn't smell and looks great. I worried for nothing. Apparently the new "do nothing to them" method is more effective than the old alcohol method. It took 2 weeks for my boys to lose theirs the old way.

I'll be glad to get her out of these dipes, because she is getting red and when she pees, it really smells. That doesn't happen with cloth.

She is doing great otherwise! I can't wait to get her little bottom back in some fluff!  :) I'll post a pic this week for sure.

They say using your non-dominate hand is good for brain synapses...if so, this whole nursing while blogging with my left hand is helping me. LOL.
I don't do it much, because I love  interacting with her, but occasionally it is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment