Friday, September 21, 2012

First days

So my beautiful daughter was born on Monday afternoon and we got to start cloth on Wednesday, because her poop switched to the signature yellow, seedy breast milk poop. 

You don't have to wait for the yellow poop, but I wanted to, so I just used the Pampered Swaddlers that the hospital gave to us.

So far, so good with cloth. No leaks and at this point I'm only using prefolds. Covers aren't even necessary because she's not soaking diapers yet.

I washed a load and a few of them stained. This surprised me. I didn't expect it with brewer milk poop. I even washed them twice and then did an extra rinse. They say you don't have to soak them, but I think I will anyway.

Overall, a good experience. I'm still not 100% on the snapee thing. One diaper fell off! Lol! I even feel awkward doing the snaps on the KaWaiis. I'm sure this will get better with practice. I'm not stressed about it. So far I really love the KaWaii Heavywetters. I'd love to get more of them.

I've also used the Gdiapers with the disposable inserts. They work ok now, but I have a feeling when she is older, they will leak. Glad I only bought two of them to try. The disposables can be used in my other covers, so no biggie there.

I need to get a fluff butt pic of her, but she's sleeping and being so young, I prefer to keep her swaddled and cozy. I'll post pics soon.

Here's a pic of her from her very first day. She had fallen asleep in my arms. As a matter of fact, this is how we spent our only night at the hospital. It was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment