Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stains, be gone!!

FINALLY.

I finally figured out how to get rid of stains. And to think people out there claim breast milk doesn't stain. Whatev!

Apparently my gal is a monster pooper, because today I noticed I had stains on nearly all of my prefolds! Yesterday, for whatever reason, she pooped all day long! It was crazy. I had to wash all but a few prefolds and all of the pockets.

So, because I had all of them to do, I did two loads and I presoaked both (as usual) and used a scoop of OxiClean in both loads, plus more detergent than I have been. I washed them in cold, then ran a hot wash/cold rinse with nothing added.

When they came out, they were clean and smelled fresh, not like detergent. I've been hesitant to use more detergent, because I don't want build-up, but they weren't getting clean and I couldn't bear to put another yellow-stained diaper on my beautiful girl.

I feel so much better now. As long as she doesn't get a rash, we're golden.

Another "finally:" here's a picture of Kathryn in her cheetah KaWaii cover with prefold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment